Technical Sales Engineer for Novi, Michigan, USA
About the company
imc DataWorks, LLC is a full service extension of Berlin, Germany based imc Test & Measurement GmbH. Based in Novi, MI, imc DataWorks offers system sales, configuration, customer support and training, and hardware calibration and repair services for the imc product line throughout the United States, and has done so since 2002.
By focusing on test & measurement productivity in electromechanical testing across a variety of industries, imc worldwide is comprised of a team of over 350 people who create tools which empower engineers to deploy data acquisition systems and test strategies efficiently, meeting the test and measurement challenges of development departments today, as well as tomorrow.
Technical Sales Engineer
imc DataWorks is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer with practical hands-on knowledge and experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical test and measurement solution sales, who will thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment which requires a solid mix of technical expertise and business savvy. The Technical Sales Engineer will be based in our Novi, Michigan office.
The ideal applicant will have a demonstrated commitment in promoting test and measurement system solutions in turn solving technical problems through product demonstrations and bringing forth solutions throughout the sales cycle with existing and prospective test and development engineering customers, with an emphasis on automotive and on- and off-highway vehicle manufacturing, as well as general mechanical engineering and testing.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or Technical Degree with equivalent test and measurement engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated successful experience in technical sales promoting a complex engineered product preferably in the test and measurement sector.
- Application experience in the test and measurement field, specifically data acquisition systems, sensors, and an understanding of post processing signal analysis.
- Strong people skills, both in person and over the phone; communication skills including developing rapport; questioning to understand application requirements and developing sales solutions for customer requirements.
- Ability to create technical end-user applications with imc measurement and control solutions while continuously promoting additional products and services to enhance the customer experience.
- Extremely proactive, energetic, and dynamic mix of technical understanding and solid interpersonal skills.
- Understands the nature of having a sense of urgency in a technical sales role, meeting quotas and deadlines on sales projects and revenue targets.
- Ability to think creatively, exercising independent judgment characterized by speed and accuracy as well as organizational skills.
- Written and spoken English required; ideally also German language skills.
- Competitive base salary based upon experience
- Sales commission and bonuses for meeting targets
- Paid holidays / Vacation / Sick days
- 401K with employer match after one year of employment
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations as it applies to growth within the role as required
- Opportunity to grow within the Company
We are looking forward to your application.
imc DataWorks, LLC