imc CANCAT is a flexible and cost-effective gateway that connects up to 6 CAN busses with EtherCAT and/or Ethernet networks. As alternatives, the 5th CAN bus can also be connected to a K-line and the 6th to a LIN bus. The imc CANCAT can transmit in both directions: received CAN/LIN messages are sent via Ethernet/EtherCAT, and over Ethernet/EtherCAT, received data packets are output as CAN/LIN.
Gateway from CAN to EtherCAT - imc CANCAT
At a glance
- Bi-directional Gateway from CAN/LIN-Bus to EtherCAT/Ethernet
- 6 CAN bus connections
- 1 CAN bus connection as optional LIN bus connection
- 1 CAN bus connection as optional L-line connection
- Status LED for each CAN input and power LED for the module
- Simple parameterization using a PC with the imc CANCAT software or over EtherCAT/CoE (CANopen over EtherCAT)
- Compatible with the imc CANSAS module rack for 19" installations
The imc CANCAT is particularly suitable for test stand applications where a PC or automation system needs to simultaneously communicate over many interfaces with test stand components or a vehicle. The gateway synchronously acquires data from several vehicle bus interfaces and they are then concentrated and output over a single fast EtherCAT/Ethernet connection. Thus, instead of needing 6 CAN interfaces, only a single network interface is necessary to integrate the data, such as by an EtherCAT master or a TCP/IP interface.
Since the imc CANCAT supports CAN bus, LIN bus and K-line, all common busses in the automotive sector are covered.